We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our IT Business Systems team, and support on the successful execution of our digital transformation strategy.
This role is based at our Manchester city centre office, working on a hybrid basis (50:50).
What will you be doing in this role?
As the Business Analyst at Tunstall, you will help to align Tunstall’s business processes globally and deliver benefits by implementing and maintaining better business processes supported by enterprise resource planning (ERP) and other software and technology solutions.
The Ideal candidate:
You will have proven experience as a Business Analyst, any experience within a service management or field engineering organisation would be ideal, used to consulting with a wide range of stakeholders, and have an appreciation of business process modelling techniques and notations. You will have good communication skills, both verbal and written, able to present solutions to senior leadership, and able to communicate the big picture as well as detailed design. The use of data to support decision-making is vital to the success of this role.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary,
- Hybrid working,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses, covering subjects from business skills to project management essentials,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Analyse and document ‘As-Is’ processes in conjunction with business users,
- Quantify opportunities for improvement from process and IS solutions changes,
- Develop, document, and maintain ‘To-Be’ processes, functional requirements, data integrations, and non-functional requirements in conjunction with business users, suppliers, or customers,
- Maintain business processes and data flows in business process management (BPM) tool,
- Perform options appraisals and recommend appropriate process and software solutions,
- Deliver configuration changes and/or produce technical specifications for application programming specialists in compliance with company change control processes,
- Perform systems validation and user acceptance testing in conjunction with business users as required,
- Prepare 'How to' guides and other training materials as needed,
- Communicate opportunities, plans, process changes, and application features to business users and IS colleagues as necessary to broaden understanding, and promote continuous improvement,
- Perform data analyses,
- Work as necessary with corporate colleagues on global projects including supporting country and acquisition/disposal on-boarding and off-boarding activities and sunset of legacy solutions.
Key skills and experience:
- Formal qualification or equivalent practical experience in business analysis,
- Experience presenting options appraisals to senior leadership teams,
- Experience communicating big picture as well as detailed design,
- Experienced in consulting with, and training of, stakeholder and super-user communities,
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools,
- Appreciation of business process modelling techniques and notations,
- Experience of organising and analysing data to support decision-making using common Microsoft tools,
- Key skills framework for the information age (SFIA) skills:
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Solution Architecture
- Product Management
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal & written,
- Good analytical / problem-solving skills,
- High level of attention to detail,
- Able to operate independently or as part of a team, and still being accountable.
Desirable skills and experience
- Some exposure to enterprise architecture approaches – such as TOGAF – and business process modelling/management software,
- Good knowledge of database design concepts – relational, in-memory, data cubes and common data query and visualisation tools – SQL, Microsoft Power BI or similar Tableau, Qlikview,
- Exposure to data migration and data/systems integration techniques and tools,
- Experience defining requirements and translating to technical specification,
- Understanding of process of successful change management.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides life saving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.