We are currently looking for a Database Analyst to join our IT Business Systems team, and support on the successful execution of our digital transformation strategy.
This role is based at our Manchester city centre office, working on a hybrid basis
What will you be doing in this role?
As the Database Analyst at Tunstall, you will help maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. You will work with users and key stakeholders to identify data needs and opportunities for improved data design, analysis, and reporting.
The Ideal candidate:
You will have proven experience as a Database Analyst, with a strong proficiency in SQL and database management and reporting systems like MS SQL, Power BI, Tableau, or Qlikview. You will have proven data analysis experience, have a knowledge of data modelling principles and have experience in designing and implementing database schema. In addition, you will have good communication and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary,
- Hybrid working,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses, covering subjects from business skills to project management essentials,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Analyse and document ‘As-Is’ processes in conjunction with business users,
- Quantify opportunities for improvement from process and IS solutions changes,
- Develop, document, and maintain ‘To-Be’ processes, functional requirements, data integrations, and non-functional requirements in conjunction with business users, suppliers, or customers,
- Maintain business processes and data flows in BPM tool,
- Perform options appraisals and recommend appropriate process and software solutions,
- Deliver configuration changes and/or produce technical specifications for application programming specialists in compliance with company change control processes,
- Perform systems validation and user acceptance testing in conjunction with business users as required,
- Prepare 'How to' guides and other training materials as needed,
- Communicate opportunities, plans, process changes, and application features to business users and IS colleagues as necessary to broaden understanding, and promote continuous improvement,
- Perform data analyses,
- Work as necessary with corporate colleagues on global projects including supporting country and acquisition/disposal on-boarding and off-boarding activities and sunset of legacy solutions.
Key skills and experience:
- Formal qualification or equivalent practical experience in database analysis,
- Strong proficiency in SQL and database management systems (DBMS) and in data analysis and reporting tools, such as MS Excel, Microsoft Power BI or similar Tableau, Qlikview,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail,
- Solid understanding of database optimisation techniques and performance tuning,
- Knowledge of data modelling principles and experience in designing and implementing database schemas,
- Familiarity with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes and tools,
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively convey complex data-related concepts and insights to non-technical stakeholders,
- Experience with data governance, data security, and compliance best practices,
- Strong organisational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Good analytical / problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience
- Some exposure to enterprise architecture approaches – such as TOGAF – and business process modelling/management software,
- Exposure to data migration and data/systems integration techniques and tools.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides life saving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.