We are recruiting for an Apprentice Electronic Repair Technician to join our team and play a vital role in helping us deliver high quality products and an excellent customer service to our all-important customers.
What will you be doing in this role?
As our Apprentice Electronic Repair Technician, you will learn to support the high-quality repair and maintenance of a large catalogue of bespoke products that have been developed over the past 30 years, to ensure we continue to deliver our excellent customer service.
You will also participate in a Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician apprenticeship programme through a recognised training provider, designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required, and also to achieve a HNC qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering upon successful completion of the programme.
The Ideal candidate:
You will have passes in GCSE English and Maths (level 4 or above), and preferably in Science GCSE as well, and 3 A-levels, or an equivalent level qualification.
You will be proactive, motivated to learn and able to demonstrate a genuine interest in Electrical and Electronic engineering.
In addition, you will have excellent communication skills, be a good team player, with a natural problem-solving ability and ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we offer:
- Starting salary of £21,500 pa with an increase on successful completion of your apprenticeship and HNC qualification,
- A very attractive standard working pattern of Monday to Thursday 0815-1700 and 0815-1245 on Friday,
- Annual salary review,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata),
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: health cash plan, free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses, covering subjects from business skills to project management essentials,
- Subsidised on-site canteen, serving hot and cold meals for breakfast and lunch, vending machines available all day every day plus free vend hot drinks available for all,
- Free car parking,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Key skills and experience:
- Passes in GCSE English and Maths (level 4 or above) are essential, and preferably in Science GCSE as well,
- 3 A-Levels, or a Level 3 NVQ or apprenticeship (ideally within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in Electrical and Electronic engineering,
- Ability to learn and work across a wide range of mixed technology assemblies, including analogue, digital and radio frequency (RF),
- Natural problem solving and analytical mindset,
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy,
- Methodical approach to work and when assessing problems faced.
- Team player, with a commitment to working in a collaborative manner,
- Proactive ’can-do’ attitude.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Participate in on-the-job training and apprenticeship programme to develop business and technical knowledge and skills,
- Provide assistance to the Service Centre Repair team to test, diagnose, and repair electrical, and electronic assemblies to component level in the most effective and efficient manner utilising automated and manual fault-finding techniques and bench equipment,
- Provide technical and continuous improvement support to production and service functions, including identification of any mutual dependencies associated with hardware, firmware, and software environments,
- Support the ongoing development of first stage analysis documentation to de-skill the repair process and improve the efficiency of the repair process,
- Communicate the root cause of faults effectively to both a non-technical and technical audience,
- Support fault finding investigations with external service engineers to simulate, verify and repair complex fault conditions,
- Look to meet or exceed performance targets as set by the Service Repair Centre Manager.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of 3,000+ people provide lifesaving and life changing technology and services to millions of people across 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.