We are recruiting for a Production Planner to join our Manufacturing team, based at our Whitley office to help us efficiently, and effectively build lifesaving and life changing products for our all-important customers.
This is a full time (37.5 hrs per week), role, based onsite at our Whitley office (DN14 0HR).
What will you be doing in this role?
As our Production Planner you provide an accurate, effective, and timely production and material planning service to ensure delivery of the Master Production Schedule (MPS). You will receive sales and marketing forecasts and be responsible for converting these forecasts into an achievable production schedule that meets both customer orders and manufacturing capabilities, whilst working with relevant departments to minimise obsolesce and reduce work in progress (WIP), achieving the departments key performance indicators (KPIs).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + public holidays (pro rata)
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Paid volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Health cash plan,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses, covering subjects from business skills to project management essentials,
- Subsidised on-site canteen, serving hot and cold meals for breakfast and lunch, vending machines available all day every day plus free vend hot drinks available for all,
- Free car parking,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
The ideal candidate:
The successful candidate will have proven experience as a production planner, performing multi-level planning, involving material requirements planning (MRP) and master production schedule (MPS) systems, preferably within a manufacturing environment. You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, have strong IT skills (MS Office, ERP), be collaborative in your approach, able to work well independently and as part of a team.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities could include…
- Create and maintain productions plans based on Sales and Marketing forecasts, and inventory levels, that align with the master production schedule,
- Raise, schedule, and if required re-schedule production orders to effectively support Material Requirements Planning (MRP) / Master Production Schedule (MPS) requirements,
- Timely release of production orders to production, to ensure plans can be delivered,
- Where required modify production bill of materials (BOM’s) to ensure correct material and hours are used up and reported on,
- Expedite production to ensure completion of works orders,
- Facilitate effective communications, liaising with Managers/Team Leaders and support areas to achieve company objectives,
- Communicate production schedules and priorities clearly and effectively to the production team,
- Address and respond quickly with any production disruptions or problems that may delay plan, and liaise with relevant departments, to maintain on-time delivery,
- Collaborate with supervisors and operators to resolve production issues,
- Monitor inventory levels to minimise excess stock and reduce carrying costs,
- Liaise with buyers and subcontract suppliers to ensure material availability, to meet production plan,
- Manage engineering changes effectively to reduce risk of obsolescence,
- Actively strive to reduce production work in progress (WIP), by working with production colleagues to shorten lead times of sub-assemblies through production,
- Ensure all company policies and procedures all always complied with,
- Ensuring that high housekeeping and quality standards are maintained,
- Ensure works orders are closed efficiently and accurately on a daily basis,
- Initiate a review/release meeting prior to production being delivered to finished goods.
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a production planning environment,
- Multi-level planning experience preferably within manufacturing environment, Involving MRP/MPS systems,
- Understand manufacturing processes,
- Stock Control and Inventory Management experience,
- Comfortable working with figures,
- Be able to use computer software including intermediate excel spreadsheets, to create plans, collect and analyse figures for schedules and reports,
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to respond well to change,
- Be able to make decisions quickly and sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines,
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills,
- Be able to work quickly, accurately and pay attention to detail,
- Excellent organisational skills,
- Collaborative, able to work well as part of a team.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of 3,000+ people provide lifesaving and life changing technology
and services to millions of customers across 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.