We have an exciting opportunity to join us as an Emergency Helpline Operator. Our response team play a vital part in our life changing service, making a real difference to our customers by providing support and reassurance which helps people live life to the full in their place of choice. Please find the available role shift pattern and pay details below –
Shifts and Salary:
Shift pattern: We have four shift patterns available -
Pattern 1: Fri, Sat 7am to 8pm and one other day during the week 7am to 8pm to be arranged.
Pattern 2: Sun, Mon 7am to 8pm and one other day during the week 7am to 8pm to be arranged.
Pattern 3: Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed 5 hours between 7am to 8pm to be arranged.
Pattern 4: Fri, Sat , Sun, Mon, Tue 5 hours between 7am to 8pm to be arranged
Hours: : Each shift pattern is 25 hours per week
Salary: £14,742 pa (£24,766.56 pa full time equivalent)
What will you be doing in this role?
As part of our Response team, you will be speaking with our service users, carefully assessing on each call the most appropriate follow up procedure, making sure it is the easiest and most effective solution for our end user; this could be calling a personal contact, keyholder or the emergency services. At all times you will offer a friendly and empathetic service, providing support and reassurance to the service user.
What we do changes and saves lives. Don’t just take our word for it, see some feedback we have received below –
“Last weekend my mum collapsed at home but somehow managed to hit the button. After not getting a response from her you contacted her responders and the ambulance without hesitation. You most certainly saved her life. I heard the messages left by your service which were compassionate and clear, and the response – so rapid and effective. I just wanted to thank you, you should be proud of the service you provide and know how much it means to those on the receiving end.”
The Ideal candidate:
You will be a great listener, calm and collected, able to confidently communicate over the phone and have a reassuring tone and empathetic nature.
Key skills and experience:
- A confident IT user, able to pick up new systems quickly,
- Confident communicating clearly over the phone,
- A great listener, able to obtain the critical information our end users are giving,
- High attention to detail – able to accurately record information on our systems,
- Calm and collected,
- Have a friendly and reassuring tone and empathetic nature,
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (£14,742 pa pro rata)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Contributory pension
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about
- Car benefit scheme
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Free car parking,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Speak to our service users to help with a wide range of enquiries; from providing David with reassurance that his carers are coming, to helping Doris test her pendant, to calling the emergency services when Bill has had a fall and can’t get up off the floor,
- Assess each call and select the most appropriate follow up procedure, making sure this is the easiest and most effective solution for the end user,
- Clearly and concisely pass information to emergency services or personal contacts where required,
- Maintain the Response Centre database to a high standard of accuracy, ensuring confidentiality of the data while adhering to the company’s safeguarding and GDPR policy,
- Respond to calls effectively and efficiently,
- Ensure our service users receive reassurance, comfort, and assistance in a calm and friendly manner over the phone,
- Handle housing repair calls from a variety of customers ensuring the appropriate contractors are called.
- Carry out outbound calls to vulnerable end users to comfort and reassure.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of 3,000+ people provide life saving and life changing technology and services to millions of customers across 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.