We are recruiting for an Electronic Engineer to join our Production Engineering Team based in West Yorkshire.
What will you be doing in this role?
As an Electronic Engineer at Tunstall, you’ll be working as part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of all test equipment and instrumentation that is used within the production environment. You will develop robust and innovative test and measurement solutions to enhance production automation processes and capabilities on existing and new tele-healthcare products.
In addition, you will be able to introduce innovative design and test methodologies with the aim of further improving and maximising production throughput and yields.
The Ideal candidate:
You will have proven electronics engineering experience, be proficient in the use of test and measurement equipment, and in the design, testing, and validation of electronic components and systems.
You will be working as part of a busy team, onsite at our Factory in Whitley, so must be proactive and collaborative in your approach, with good interpersonal skills.
Key skills and experience:
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent experience,
- Proven ’hands-on’ electronic engineering experience,
- Proficient in the use of test and measurement equipment,
- Proficient in the design, testing and validation of electronic components and systems,
- Good communication and presentation skills at all levels,
- Good technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages and test automation software (Labview) would be beneficial.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Subsidised on-site canteen,
- Free car parking,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses,
- A warm and welcoming team environment and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Primarily working on innovative robust design, inspection, validation and testing of electronic systems, hardware, and components,
- Carrying out detailed electronic circuit and system design, simulation, and validation,
- Be able to produce a printed circuit board layout and circuitry using readily available and off-the-shelf electronic components and incorporate second source alternatives within the design,
- Design and develop innovative test methods and solutions for testing and validating products and test fixtures in order to optimise throughput and yields,
- Be able to present designs to other members of the engineering team and draft technical reports,
- Be proficient in the use of test instrumentation and work closely with software engineers to develop robust test algorithms,
- Be able to create technical specifications and operational documentation,
- Be able to document the design work and prepare reports, ensuring all design files and information is kept up-to-date and stored in accordance with company procedures,
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the production engineering department,
- Investigate new technologies and continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and online training sessions.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading healthcare technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of 3,000+ people provide lifesaving and life changing technology and services
to millions of customers across 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.