We are currently recruiting for a Chief Architect to lead and drive our architectural vision
and our Architecture and Innovation Engineering teams, helping to identify and implement new technologies and processes to drive innovation across Tunstall, deliver new products, or improve existing products, and systems.
What will you be doing in this role?
Tunstall is a leading provider of connected care and health solutions. As our Chief Architect you will lead a team of technology architects (Enterprise, Solution, and System) to define and continuously evolve the architectural strategy and roadmap, ensuring technical decisions are commercially viable, buildable, supportable, secure, and are designed to adhere to the defined principles and standards.
You will be able to support the transformation of the organisation both through the application of a robust technology strategy and through the development of high-performance architects within your function.
This role could work on a hybrid basis from any of our main hubs - Manchester city centre, Malmo, or Madrid.
What we offer:
- Ability to help shape and influence the success of Tunstall Group,
- Competitive salary,
- Car Allowance,
- Family Private health,
- Hybrid working,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Ability to buy holidays,
- Contributory pension,
- Volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Boost your learning and growth through access to a Talent Library with over 800 courses, and access to Udemy or O’Reilly learning platforms,
- A warm and welcoming team environment and a chance to build a rewarding career.
The Ideal candidate:
The successful candidate will have significant proven experience in technology architecture, with a predominant focus on designing and enhancing SaaS, IOT, and hardware products over analogue and digital communications networks. You will have a proven track record of developing, leading, and implementing modern architectural practices for product development within the Scaled Agile Framework across complex international, multi-site organisations.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of software engineering methodologies and best practices, including Agile, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex technical ideas clearly and effectively.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of architects, and Innovation engineers, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence,
- Proactively lead the team in rapidly delivering viable, high-quality solutions and designs,
- Ensure your team is aligned with company strategy, motivated, and making a positive difference.
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive technology strategy and architecture for our suite of SaaS and Hardware products,
- Develop and maintain current and future state business architecture,
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to define and refine technical requirements, ensuring alignment with overarching business objectives,
- Ensure the alignment of solution designs with the organisation's overall architecture principles, standards, and guidelines,
- Work with technical leads and product managers in developing product strategies and roadmaps,
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust and scalable cloud infrastructure tailored to support the evolving demands of our SaaS offerings,
- Encourage a culture of innovation within the team, inspiring architects, and our Innovation team, to explore new technologies and methodologies that can enhance our hardware and SaaS products,
- Support and lead research and innovation activities in partnership with product team,
- Collaborate with software engineering leadership to mentor, teach, and coach software teams in improving software design practices.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends and emerging technologies, infusing the latest advancements into our architecture to maintain a competitive edge,
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with product managers, development teams, and other key business stakeholders to guarantee seamless alignment of architectural decisions with overarching business goals,
- Facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing among team members, stakeholders, and technical staff,
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers to support large scale architectural programmes,
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, offering clarity and insight into the strategic decisions shaping our technology landscape,
- Manage, communicate, and escalate risks, issues, and blockers to stakeholders,
- Provide clear, actionable reporting and feedback on the status of your team and dependencies,
- Use a regular reporting cadence to review and update plans, checks, and make any corrective actions and improvements needed to support your team.
- Take the lead in the evaluation and selection of appropriate technology vendors and partners, considering factors such as product capabilities, scalability, support, and cost-effectiveness.
Key skills and experience:
- Significant proven progressive experience in technology architecture, with a predominant focus on designing and enhancing SaaS, IOT, and Hardware products over analogue and digital communications networks,
- Proven track record of developing, leading, and implementing modern architectural practices for product development within the Scaled Agile Framework across complex international, multi-site organisations,
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and managing diverse technical teams,
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resourcing,
- Extensive expertise in cloud technologies, with a preference for experience with [Azure, AWS],
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering methodologies and best practices, including Agile,
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex technical ideas clearly and effectively,
- Strategic mindset with excellent problem-solving skills,
- Strong commitment to delivering excellent service with a high attention to detail,
- Demonstrable experience of communicating effectively and inlfuencing C-Suite, Senior Management colleagues and 3rd party Service Providers, you will be great at building effective working relationships,
- A successful change agent – with experience leading organisations through strategic change and innovation cycles,
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides life saving and life changing technology
and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.