We are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team and help us to provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service to the full range of company and third-party products in an efficient and professional manner. This role is remote and will cover the Shropshire/Cheshire area (SY and CW postcodes).
What will you be doing in this role?
As a Field Service Engineer at Tunstall, you will need to demonstrate exceptional customer relation and interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with a variety of customers from vulnerable to elderly and working on equipment in their homes. You will be required to do On-Call evening/weekend work on a regular rota basis as part of the role
The Ideal candidate:
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience as a Field Engineer, using your electrical and electronic experience to help maintain/repair a variety of products including: Warden Call Systems, Dispersed Alarms, Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring/Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc.
Any experience of working within a field-based role would be desirable, but not essential.
Key skills and experience:
- An Electrical/Electronic qualification at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable alternative in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering) is desirable.
- A good understanding of basic Electrical and Electronic systems/principles.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to demonstrate effective team working including mentoring/coaching and training others.
- Effective time management & planning skills.
- A flexible approach to work as you will be required to do some on-call/weekend working.
- Comfortable working at heights and/or in confined dusty spaces.
- Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable.
- Experience, Knowledge and understanding of networks and IP based systems is desirable
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card
- Overtime opportunities
- Company phone
- Up to 10% combined pension contribution
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Free eye tests
- Retails discounts
- Perks and benefits that include things like: free eye tests retail discounts
- A warm and welcoming team environment
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides lifesaving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.